BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Monday, January 2, 2012

WATCH OUT

James 1:19-21 (TNIV) “My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because our anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.”

While it is well documented that I talk quite a bit, I can honestly say I DO know how to listen.  James is instructing the believers he is writing to to be “slow to speak”. Know when to keep your mouth closed. Know when it is the better option to say nothing. There was a time when I didn’t know when to keep my pie hole shut, but through the years and countless encounters with “foot in mouth” disease, I believe I have learned my lesson. Some people never do.

Speaking “out of turn” can bring you all sorts of trouble. Know your place and respect those around you when you DO speak. Say nothing in vain conceit and say nothing to offend another. The Holy Spirit can help you know when to speak and what to say. So few of us heed the advice of the Spirit of God in critical times. We must think we know better what to say and as a result get ourselves into real messes at times. It doesn’t have to work out that way. Surrender to Christ and his Holy Spirit for guidance in all areas of life.

Now anger is a whole other situation altogether. I don’t become angry very often. I happen to have a very long fuse and try not to let a whole lot bother me. But driving can cause any man to “lose his religion” I am afraid to say. I have lost my temper while driving more times than any other situation in my life. No one can hear me but God and He cannot be pleased with my reaction. I make no excuses other than to say that I am better than I used to be and not as good as I will be, but I am working at it. And so should we all. God desires us to be at peace with our fellow man. If we truly seek to treat others the way we wish to be treated, regardless of the way they respond to us, we will please God and be much better off. Who knows, you may even cause the recipient of your kindness to think twice in the future when he lashes out.

If you know anything of God’s Word and have spent any time in the reading of it, you would then have God’s word planted IN you. Accept it gladly and strive to live it each day. It will save your life. If there be any “moral filth” in your heart or mind, rid yourself of it for it will drag you down into the pit of hell from which you may never return. You don’t need to go down that road. Oh that road exists and it appears to be very pleasing, even tantalizing to the senses, however, it will eat you alive. Allow God to fill you with Himself. You may think you are missing out, but the eternal life you forgo will be a far greater loss than anything this world could possibly offer you.

If you are prone to making resolutions for the New Year, just make one: to be more like Jesus in every aspect of your life. Surrender to the will of God!

WALK WITH THE KING TODAY AND BE A BLESSING!!


No comments: