BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

REST FOR THE WEARY

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.”  Matthew 11:28 NLT
     Notice Christ doesn’t invite those who are strong, but rather those who are weak and weary.  We all become bone weary at times.  It is at those specific times that we are to reach out to the Lord and give our burdens over to him.  We can continue to carry them if we so choose, but we certainly don’t have to.  Christ wishes to replace our weariness with rest and our stress with peace.  "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.”  John 14:27
     “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7)  There can be a lot to be anxious about in this life.  This anxiety is another way our lives can become burdensome. The very thing that is weighing us down must be turned over to God.  Christ can and will give you rest if you ask for it.  Remember, the Lord wishes for us to be at peace.  We think more clearly when we are at peace.  We are more Christ-like when we are at peace.  His peace cannot be found on earth.  It comes from heavenly realms of glory.  It comes from the finger of God.  Ask for it and wait for the tension to flow from you.  Peace, comfort and rest can so subtly infuse itself into your life that before you know it your stress is gone. 
     I am asked at times why I always seem so relaxed, calm and happy.  I am quick to tell them that it’s the Lord God working in me.  It’s God’s work and nothing I am doing on my own.  I know my redeemer lives.  I know he is real and I know who I am in him. If you are stressed, lay it at the feet of Christ and trust that it will be taken care of.  It may happen in an instant or over time, but either way God isn’t in the business of building up hopes just to knock us down.  He will answer the call, without question.  Receive the peace of God and lay your burdens down.  Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing!

NOTE:  The New Living Translation, Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers Inc.

No comments: