BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Monday, July 8, 2019

REFLECTIONS FROM THE ROAD

                  Last week my wife and I were in Lancaster, PA for a couple days. Over the course of the time we were there a couple things rolled thru my mind. One was that whole area speaks of a simpler life. The Amish and the Mennonites live there. They are God loving people whose beliefs are very similar to ours. They believe in a strong family unit and their community of people help one another when someone is in need. Sounds pretty nice to me. It is a peaceful area away from the big city hustle and bustle that some folks crave. Not me, give me rolling green hills and fields of corn. Give me horse farms and cattle farms. There’s something to be said for that type of life. Maybe we’ll just have to move there sometime. 
            The other thing that rolled thru my head was my ugly habit of labeling people by their appearance. I’m much better than I used to be, but I still do it.  I’ll still go to heaven in spite of that flaw, but it sure doesn’t in the remotest way resemble Christ. Have you ever seen the original Frankensteinmovie with Boris Karloff as the monster? There is a scene perhaps half to two-thirds of the way thru where the monster is frantically stumbling thru the woods, running from those who would want to destroy him. He stops and listens … there is the sweet sound of a violin playing. He finds a lone cottage in the woods. In it is an old man. He is sitting by his fireplace playing his violin. The beauty of the sound mesmerizes the monster. He cannot speak but makes sounds that alert the old man he is there. It is just then that you notice the old man is blind. He plays host to this horrible creature, who has done terrible things and is hideous to the eye. The monster’s appearance does not adversely affect the man due to his inability to see. Let me stop there. THAT is how we are to be as followers of Christ. I have prayed that the Lord would help me to see others the way he sees them. Perhaps I’m not trying hard enough. By the way, the movie is worth watching for the scene I shared alone. God is good … all the time. Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing! rlkeller

No comments: