BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

ASK WHAT YOU WILL


John 14:11, 13-14 (NIV) “Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. … I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.”

We know who the Father is. The Father Jesus is referring to here in the Gospel of John is His Father and by association, our Heavenly Father. His Father is God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth. Yet Father God is a Triune God. Triune is defined as “three in one” or is another word for the Trinity. The Trinity is represented by the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. All three are one entity, yet they are distinctly separate entities.

Jesus, the Son of God, came to earth in bodily form, lived among men, ministered to them and then willingly died on a criminals cross, an atoning sacrifice to eliminate the sin of all men (with the inclusion of women and children implied and generally accepted).

The Holy Spirit is God IN us. When we receive Christ as our Savior and Lord we receive into our earthly tents (our bodies) the Holy Spirit … our guide, our comforter, our advocate.

Father God is known by Jesus and is Jesus and vice versa. This is how Jesus can say “I am in the Father and the Father is in me.”

John 1:18 (NIV) “No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and[a] is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.”

John 10:30 (NIV) “I and the Father are one.”

If you ask anything in the name of Jesus, He will do it. That is a broad sweeping statement. There are conditions placed on your request. God promises in His word to provide our needs. He promises to never fail us. He promises to always be with us. He does not however promise to provide all our wants. If that were literally true then every Christian would be a multi-million and have anything and everything his heart desired. But to what end? For what purpose? Does that bring glory to God? No.
Making a lot of money in this life isn’t evil or wrong. However, what you DO with your riches speaks volumes on the condition of your heart. Are you generous with your goods and finances or do you keep them for yourself? They aren’t yours you know. Everything is God’s. The talents you have to come up with ideas or create things or write or sing etc are all gifts and talents that your Heavenly Father graciously GAVE to you. What are you using them for? To bring Him glory or to bring yourself glory?

If you don’t receive what you are asking for, you might be asking incorrectly. In my 30 plus years walking with the Lord, I have learned a very important lesson. When I ask for anything, I always finish my request with “not my will Father but YOUR will be done”. For you see your Heavenly Father knows exactly what we need and will give it to us exactly when we need it the most. So in the light of that truth, we may ask anything of the Son and “He will do it”.

WALK WITH THE KING TODAY AND BE A BLESSING!

No comments: