BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Friday, June 17, 2011

THE BURDEN BEARER


Psalm 68:19 (NIV) “Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens.”

As a teenager I went on a hiking trip on the Appalachian Trail in Northern New Jersey. The only thing I distinctly remember about that trip was that I lost my “Surf’s UP” yellow-gold long sleeve Snoopy sweatshirt that I had tied around my waist. I didn’t remember how tiring it was to walk up and down hills with a pack on my back. I was young and resilient and full of energy at the time and it was an adventure, so pushed through without complaint. But it stands to reason, remember or not, that I got very tired after carrying my pack, filled with provisions and clothing, for this was an overnight camping trip. Since that day there have been many loads that I have had to carry that have wore me out. Especially packing and moving, which I have done far more than I would like to recall. If you have ever carried a heavy burden for any length of time, you know that you become very weary after a while.

We all have burdens and cares that we carry in our minds, bodies and / or souls. Psalm 68:19 is just one verse in scripture that lets us know that we don’t have to carry those burdens. The things that weigh us down don’t have to.
When Christ hung on the cross at Golgotha He did it for the remission of sins, once for all, for all time. As our Savior, He provides for us and sustains us in every way. This definitely includes taking those things that weigh us down from us.

There is a key component that has yet to be mentioned. We must GIVE our burdens over to Him. We can continue to carry them around if we so chose. How many of us have given them over to Him only to take them back because we have become so accustomed to carrying them that we don’t know how to act without them there preying on our mind 24/7.

Christ is willing to bear our burdens without complaint and without regret. It is part of what He does … and He does it DAILY. Nothing escapes His watchful eye. You will never be in a difficult situation that He is not aware of it. It doesn’t matter if it was caused by you or allowed to take place by you, God is aware and willing to bear it for you. We always have to deal with the consequences of our actions, but God can lighten any burden just by the asking.

So when you have a burden that seems to hard to bear, remember, you don’t have to bear it alone. Give it to God. He proclaims in His word that He is our daily burden bearer. That is very good news!

WALK WITH THE KING TODAY AND BE A BLESSING!!

No comments: