BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Psalm 23:1-6

A Psalm of David
“Jehovah is my shepherd, I do not lack, in pastures of tender grass He causes me to lie down, by quiet waters He does lead me. My soul he refreshes, he leads me in paths of righteousness, for his name's sake, Also -- when I walk in a valley of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me, Your rod and Your staff -- they comfort me. You arrange before me a table, over or against my adversaries, you have anointed with oil my head, my cup is full! Only -- goodness and kindness pursue me, all the days of my life and my dwelling is in the house of Jehovah, for a length of days!”Young's Literal Translation
            In this Psalm King David used the title of Shepherdas a metaphor to compare that role with the role of God in a believer’s life. David would have intimate knowledge of such things because he spent many of his younger years tending to his father’s flocks. Sheep are completely dependent on the Shepherd as their provider, guide and protector. The New Testament refers to Jesus as the Good Shepherdbecause he provides, guides and protects all those who have placed their faith and trust in him by his Holy Spirit.
            The setting provided in this Psalm is comforting and serene. I’ve taken many a walk in the woods near my home so this scene is familiar to me. When we follow our God contentment follows. If we choose sin and go our own way we have no one to blame but ourselves. Our Lord offers us green meadows and peaceful streams to restore us when the trials of life wear us down. To rebel against the Shepherd’s leading is to rebel against our own best interests. It should be no surprise to any of us that we are unable to work things out on our own. Our human resources only take us so far.
            The last verses of this Psalm spell out a promise to all those who are his. The Lord will not only guide and protect us in the here and now, but promises to guide and protect us forever, even into the age to come where we shall live with him for eternity. Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing! rlkeller
Resources:www.biblegateway.comand The Life Application Study Bible.  

No comments: