BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

THOUGHTS FROM A RANDOM MIND


                  The cultural diversity at my job has opened up interested facts to me re: what they believe. I found out thru my lead, Laura, what she grew up believing in her native Cuba. I was chatting with her about God and if she believed in his existence. She said her entire family is atheist. I said I assumed that was because of “Castro’s dictatorship”. She said “yes”. She has no feelings about it one-way or the other. I have found that it is very difficult to reason with people about what you believe to be true if they have no background to draw from. It like, “Why believe in a god when my life is just fine”. 
            I also found that some of the people who believe in the South American countries have Catholic roots, yet it appears their roots do not go deep at all. It seems to be a very shallow, surface belief not based on any type of personal relationship with the Lord at all. The women seem a bit more spiritual than the men, which could be said of a lot of cultures, even the U.S. The men I am exposed to at work seem much more interested in playing the macho man. Measuring their biceps, primping in front of the work bathroom mirror, go to the gym after work to build themselves up. Sounds like another practice common to other cultures. I see rather sophomoric behavior on a daily basis.
            We also have working for us a Nigerian pastor, A.K., who is very devout in his beliefs. There was a brother in Christ who was a missionary for the Dominican Republic who went back to D.R. to preach and teach to whoever would listen from his native country. There may be others, but I am unaware of them. 
            I’ve also noticed that some of the South American believers (we have a couple here) are very rigid in their beliefs. Life is short and people will do what they will do with or without belief in God. I try to live out my faith and share the gospel when the door opens. I treat everyone the same, whether black or white, gay or straight, young or old, male or female. I try to be the best example of Christ’s love that I can with the Spirit’s continual help. I’ve been there 5 years in August and am well respected, largely perhaps because I pray for and with people quite frequently. People welcome it and appreciate. It’s one way to show people you work with that God cares. God will provide openings to whom he so wills. He doesn’t need us to bust down any doors. Love must win the day. That combined with peace, mercy, compassion and hope. God will handle the rest. Rlkeller

This is strictly an observation piece. I find the topic to be relevant and interesting. Not everyone thinks the way Americans do about God, but that’s okay. God’s at work as people all over the world are working out their salvation. Lord, use each one of us to be a light in their disturbing world of darkness. rlkeller 

No comments: