BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Thoughts from a Random Mind

                It’s a sad day when a man loses his purpose for living. My grandfather spent nearly 50 years in the printing business. It was his entire life. When he was forced to retire, he lost his purpose for living. He had no hobbies, nothing he did for relaxation. Printing was all he knew. He retired at 65 and the final two years of his life he did something he had never done … he watched television all day long. He passed away at 67 years of age with a lack of purpose for continuing to live. My grandmother lived 5 years without him. She died at 72. He was her purpose for living.

                  I am facing a similar crossroad. It looks like I may be laid off from my job due to a loss of work. When you work nearly every day of your life for so many years your job becomes your purpose for living. Fortunately, I know Christ and at 24 years old HE became my purpose for living, so even though being laid off will be weird and different, it will not be the end of my life. God gave me the gift of writing. That is my purpose for living. Believers in God have gifts, which are their purpose for living. Noah’s purpose was to build the Ark. Abraham’s purpose was to be the father of Israel. Peter’s purpose was to preach to the Gentiles. Jesus’ purpose was to die in our place. We all have a God-given purpose in this life. Unfortunately, my grandparents never knew the Lord, but it doesn’t have to be that way for me or you. Don’t ever let your circumstances drag you down into a pit of despair. The Lord is with you wherever you go and will never leave you. Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing.

Richard Keller

Bread of Life Ministries

.

No comments: