BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Thoughts from a Random Mind

            I’ve referred to a problem I have in several past writings; that being my inability to stop cussing. I’ve asked the Lord to purge this from me repeatedly, but to no avail. I usually cuss when I get frustrated regarding a situation I am in. I usually do it under my breath, which doesn’t make it alright, just sayin’. I’ve talked to several pastors throughout the years and found comfort in their words, but it still gnaws at me. Nothing unclean is to come out of my mouth. I strive every day to be more like my Lord but fail many times. Frustration is my middle name. Regardless of God’s patience, understanding and unconditional love I regret this problem and continuously seek its eradication.

 

“…no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. With the tongue we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, this should not be! Can both fresh water and saltwater flow from the same spring? My brothers, can a fig tree grow olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.James 3:8-12

 

                  I know a woman at work who professes to be a Christian. She cusses as a natural part of her vocabulary. If you say anything to her about it, she says, and I quote: “That’s the way I talk and I ain’t changin’ for nobody!” That sounds like an unteachable spirit. An unyielding will to God’s word and behavior. Make no mistake about it, we are both wrong, however, at least I can say of myself that I desire to shed my bad habit. I don’t do it during regular conversation, but frankly, I shouldn’t cuss at all. Unfortunately, it’s still a work in progress, but I am confident that I will win that battle with the help of the Holy Spirit. As for my co-worker, I need to pray for her that she will see the need to change. Either way she will need God’s mercy to figure these ungodly issues out. I am not anybody’s judge; I am Christ’s ambassador. God is our merciful judge whose patience gives us every possible opportunity to right the ship, so to speak, in an effort to please him with our behavior. Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing.

Richard Keller

Bread of Life Ministries.

No comments: