BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Monday, February 14, 2022

What’s in a Name? - 2

Yahweh or YHWH / Jehovah / Adonai

YHWH - (YAH’-way), Jehovah (Jah-HO’-vah), & Adonai (a-doh-NYE’)

 

            Yahweh was the name the Israelites used for God ever since His Hebrew name was revealed to Moses in Exodus. The name YHWH is known as a “tetragrammaton” for it consists of only consonants. After the Babylonian exile (6th century BC), Judaism became more of a universal religion so the name ‘Elohim’, which means “God”, was used. At this same time His divine name was thought to be too holy to be publicly spoken, therefore it was replaced with the name ‘Jehovah’.

            YHWH & Jehovah can mean ‘to be’ or what The Lord spoke to Moses in Exodus 3:13-14… “But Moses protested, ‘If I go to the people of Israel and tell them, ‘The God of your ancestors has sent me to you,’ they will ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what should I tell them?” God replied to Moses, “I am who i am*. Say this to the people of Israel: I am has sent me to you.” Adonai is also a name the Jewish people used to name God. It can mean “Lord” in addition to “God”.

            These two verses speak of God’s self-existence & self-sustenance. Revelation 1:8 let us know what God says of Himself: “I am the Alpha & the Omega - the beginning & the end,” says the Lord God. “I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come - the Almighty One.” So, when we speak of God we can call him Yahweh, Jehovah or Adonai & be correct, for these are all names for our God. Until next time, walk with the King & be a blessing.

In His Name & for His Glory,

Richard Keller

Bread of Life Ministries

*It can also be translated “I AM THAT I AM”.

No comments: