BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Thoughts from a Random Mind

            I have had a bit of a problem coming to a complete stop when I come to a stop sign. I perform what I’ve heard called a “California rolling stop”. My wife has been after me for some time now to make sure I come to a complete stop. Finally, it dawned on me... The message on the sign isn’t a suggestion, it’s the law. So now whenever I come to a stop sign I say out loud, “Stop is not a suggestion”. It has been working so far. Then I got to thinking...how can this be applied to our walk with the Lord? 

            Isaiah 1:16 says “stop doing wrong”. In John 5:14, Jesus says “stop sinning...”. In John 6:43 Jesus says, “stop grumbling among yourselves”. Jesus said in John 7:24, “Stop judging by mere appearances”. There are other examples in scripture, but I think you can see where I’m going with this.

            When the Lord tells His children to “stop” doing something we must take it very seriously. It is NOT a suggestion. There are no options involved. Sin has no place in a believer’s heart; therefore, it stands to reason that they ought to completely STOP sinning. The unspoken thought here is that we’re not being asked to go it alone. We are told in scripture that the Lord is with us wherever we go (Joshua 1:9; Isaiah 41:10 & Deuteronomy 31:6).

            So don’t blow off the STOP signs in your life. Come to a complete stop when you’re required to and also stop doing those things that God has impressed on your heart to stop. The Holy Spirit will help you if you ask Him. Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing.

In His name & for His glory,

Rich Keller

Bread of Life Ministries 

No comments: