BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Saturday, July 14, 2012

RANDOM RAMBLINGS 35

“It’s so hard to see what you see in me / Would you lay it out for me?”
- Best I Can by Decyfer Down

            That’s the way I feel sometimes. “God, what on earth do You see in me that makes You want to love me the way you do?” You see, I know myself all too well, but so does God. Decyfer Down is a Christian Rock group. Their song Best I Can ministers to me because it acknowledges our sinfulness and our efforts to try to improve. God knows we are trying, if we truly are and comes to our aid if necessary. Any struggles I have had have largely been my own doing. A bad decision here, poor judgment there and voila, you have a big mess, hurts and all. I’m reminded of Paul’s poignant words in Romans 7:15-16a, 18b-20 and 24 …

“ I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, … I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. … What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?”

           God provides the answer to Paul’s question in Jesus Christ. Yes, we are most definitely wretched men in our words, thoughts and deeds. Not 100% of the time, but much of the time. We can do nothing to please God in and of ourselves. God knew this and sent the solution for our dilemma; His Son. Christ’s death frees us from our sin if we allow it to; if we embrace it and allow it to transform us so that we are a little less wretched each day. It is not all about us; it is about living for God one day at a time.

WALK WITH THE KING TODAY AND BE A BLESSING!!