BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Thoughts From a Random Mind

          What is truly important in life? I know when I get perturbed about something at work I complain to myself about it and then come to the ultimate conclusion that it’s really not important & not worth being upset about so I promptly dismiss it. I wasn’t always like that. I would stew about things for hours. It affected my countenance and my attitude. People could look at my face to see how I was feeling; I projected negativism. As I have grown in the Lord over the years (and trust me it took a while) I have more of a tendency to overlook things or let them slide. Oh, I still get upset about some things, but the Holy Spirit helps me to allow the anger to dissipate, like water as it evaporates as steam.
            How do you handle situations that arise in your life … at home, at work, at school, during sports competition?  Do your emotions get the better of you? Do you lose control and allow the worst parts of your old nature surface? In the heat of the battle we can say and do very uncharacteristic things. When this happens in a Christian’s life the only thing we can do is ask the Lord for forgiveness, which surprisingly is the easy part. Facing strangers, peers or family members can be very difficult. It’s called ‘eating crow’and can be very humiliating. I know because I’ve had to come forward and ask forgiveness for overreacting to a given situation far too many times. 
          Let me conclude this by saying in this world both believers and non-believers are rarely allowed the luxury of being human … of being themselves. In those cases everyone seems to become either a critic or a judge and jury. Isn’t it funny how others seem to know better than you how to live your life? Do yourself a favor and follow God’s lead and regardless of how you are perceived, you’ll be all right. I’d rather be favored in God’s sight than man’s any day of the week. Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing! rlkeller

No comments: