BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

CONFIDENCE IN GOD


1 John 5:14-15 (NIV) “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.”

I remember when I was a child, I had asked for a tape recorder for Christmas. For some reason, I took it upon myself to go on a hunting expedition in my parent’s closet one Saturday, when my folks were out shopping for groceries. Well, I found a small reel to reel tape recorder in a box buried deep in the bowels of their closet, behind my mom’s long dresses.

That particular year I was extremely confident that what I had asked for I would be receiving. This is the same confidence we can have regarding those things we ask for from God. There is one stipulation though; we must ask according to His will.

Sometimes it seems as if the will of God is one of the most difficult things to discern in the whole, wide world, but it really isn’t. Start off by doing what you know is right and righteous in the sight of God. Do whatever you do to glorify Him. Be like Solomon, in that you ask for that which will benefit others and not lift yourself up. Remember, according to scripture, “we must decrease and He must increase”. If you seek wisdom, guidance, assistance out of a dilemma, a healing … all noble requests and all things that would bring glory to God. God’s will is not unattainable.

Next question … do we know and believe that God hears us. If we ask him to bless the Chicago Bulls that they might win the NBA Championship this year, I don’t believe that prayer would be answered. Oh they may win it, but I happen to know that God is a Dallas Mavericks fan. All kidding aside, whether a certain team wins a championship doesn’t happen to fall under the category of the will of God as far as I am aware. Now asking that all the players remain healthy and that they play to the best of their ability is a prayer than I believe God would honor, especially when players stop to give glory to God for the abilities He has given them.

If you are uncertain as to whether something is within the parameters of the will of God or not, in my opinion, the best way to ask or pray is for His will to be done in a given situation. Such as, “Lord, give me wisdom and sound judgment in accordance with Your will that I might be able to help those in need of guidance and I will give You all the glory.” I believe God will not only hear, but will honor and answer a request like that.

May the will of God never escape your grasp and never be far from you is my prayer for you this day.

WALK WITH THE KING TODAY AND BE A BLESSING!!!

No comments: