BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

DO UNTO OTHERS


Ephesians 4:32 (NIV) “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”
Luke 6:31 (NASB) “Treat others the same way you want them to treat you.”

As long as I can remember I have tried to live Luke 6:31 in my own life. I am here to tell you that most of the time it ended up with me treating folks with kindness only to get crapped on or taken advantage of. Does that mean I should stop treating people with kindness? No. Does it get frustrating? Yup. Do I want to continue setting myself up in that manner, not likely. But I do or at least I try my best to. I just say “it’s the way I’m wired”.

Actually, the truth of the matter is that we are wired to be anything BUT kind to other people. Our sin nature, aka, our old man, which is what we are born with, desires to be selfish … to do that which benefits us and us alone, even to the exclusion of those we love the most. When we came to Christ, He did a “re-wiring” job on us. As long as the current running through us is heaven sent, our desire will be to please God and not ourselves.

Make no mistake about it; the enemy will do his best to throw a monkey wrench into any and all of your best efforts. This is when relying on God and His word for guidance comes into play. The closer you come to God, the heavier the attacks will be from your enemy. Focus on the source of your staying power and re-focus if necessary.

As a basic rule, you should never give anything expecting something in return. That is not the true spirit of giving. We are to give without conditions or expectations. It goes for material things, such as gifts and it goes for giving others kindness and compassion. Reflecting on what Christ forgave you for is always a great place to start. He willingly gave everything, requiring nothing in return. This is to be our example. No one said it was going to be easy. It’s called selfless living and that is incredibly difficult to pull off. Impossible without divine assistance. The one thing I CAN promise you though, is that if you follow these two scriptures in the way you live, most of the time, you will be the one getting blessed regardless of whether the recipient gets blessed or not.

WALK WITH THE KING TODAY AND BE A BLESSING!

No comments: