BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

LISTEN & WAIT


James 1:19-20 (NIV) “My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.”

I have found from my own experience that you learn far more by listening than you do by speaking. Oh, I went through a period of time when I thought what I had to say would enlighten those within earshot, but I found that what I thought to be so enlightening most folks already knew. I have also “flown off the handle” with regards to my temper on far more occasions then I care to remember. I am here to tell you that nothing was gained by my display of anger except my looking foolish. More times than not I pounced when I should have waited and overreacted to something that only appeared to be an issue. Then apologies are necessary and wounds are tended to. My ego has been bruised enough through the years that I have finally learned to “look before I leap”, so to speak.

There are times when righteous anger is justified; however, it would be in defense of a breech in Biblical teachings and not to satisfy ones own personal indignation. This is why James teaches the “12 tribes scattered among the nations” to be “quick to LISTEN, slow to SPEAK and slow to ANGER”. Take the time to process the things that are being said. There are many times when an immediate response or reaction is not needed or even required. Think on these things. Ponder them in your heart. Seek the face of God.

Even if an immediate response IS required or a situation needs to be dealt with, a quick personal prayer for wisdom and guidance brings results as long as you are sensitive to the Holy Spirit of God. Your sensitivity comes from time spent listening and not speaking to God. Waiting in His presence. I must confess I have never been very good at that. My mind is always whirling and no matter how hard I have tried to be still I can’t seem to solve the “case of the racing mind”. Fortunately, God knows us better than we know ourselves and compensates for our lack. I have sensed the presence and/or leading of the Lord on many occasions while on the move. For that I am grateful.

We serve a creative God. He cannot be put in a box. His powers are limitless. So if you struggle with speaking out before you listen or with becoming angry frequently, God is willing and able to assist you in changing that pattern. He loves you and wants you to succeed in this life as you strive to serve Him even more than you do.

WALK WITH THE KING TODAY AND BE A BLESSING!!

No comments: