BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Thursday, October 27, 2011

WE AREN'T ALL THAT SMART

Proverbs 3:5-7 (NIV) “Trust in the Lord with all your heart & lean not on your own understanding; …”

Trusting in someone or something is to rely on it or them for support, encouragement, strength, instruction … to name just a few … when we trust in the Lord, we are relying on Him more than ourselves or anything else.

We are told that humans utilize only 1/10th of their brain capacity. 1/10th! Don’t you know there are a whole lot of people who speak and act like they use 100%. Sad for them. Just because a person believes something is true, doesn’t make it true … not without evidence. So the person who believes they are superior is without evidence … they certainly don’t know everything. They may know Quantum Physics, but can they rebuild a car engine? They may be able to build a house from scratch, but can they understand Trigonometry? No one in all Creation knows everything. No one. Only God knows everything.

Would you rather put your trust in someone who literally knows everything or someone who only knows 1/10th of all that God knows. I know the answer to that one … uh, God. I would rather put my faith and trust in Almighty God. For even when I think I know something, I really only know what I was taught and the teacher may have been mistaken.

I would rather put my hand in the hand of the man who parted the waters of the Red Sea rather than rely on my own puny understanding of things. Face it, what do we really know? From birth we have had our brains washed by our parents, our siblings, our teachers, our friends, the TV, the radio, the internet, lyrics from music … the list is endless. Who’s right? Who’s wrong? If we rely on God, Who is NEVER wrong, we will win in the end.

Just yesterday I started a door knob changing process thinking I knew exactly how to remove the old door knob. Ha. Much to my surprise, the door knob was anywhere from 20-40 yrs old. For the next couple hours I fussed and fumed and banged away at that dang door knob figuring it couldn’t be THAT difficult to remove. Wrongo! So what did I do? I went online and searched for instructions on how to remove an OLD door knob. Lo and behold, YOUTUBE had a house renovator showing exactly how to remove the same type of knob I had tangled with the day before. I thought I knew, but I was wrong.
I needed the help of someone who knew more than I did.

Don’t let pride keep you from admitting when you don’t know something. Let it go and let God instruct you. Trust in the Lord. Has He ever failed you? Well, has He? I don’t think so. Things may not have turned out the way you wanted them to, but all that means is that God knew another way that would benefit you more and bring Him more glory. Jesus says in the gospels: “I am the vine, you are the branches; without Me you can do NOTHING.” (caps are mine) Fess up … don’t you know it’s about time you admitted to yourself that you are not quite as smart as you thought you were. Give it all to God.

WALK WITH THE KING TODAY AND BE A BLESSING!

No comments: