BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Saturday, October 6, 2012

RANDOM RAMBLINGS 46

          I am going to my first Rutgers football game today. They are playing Connecticut; should be a good game. As I think about today’s events a thought occurs to me; all those people cheering, screaming, booing … adoring fans of players they more than likely don’t know or will never meet. Then my mind roams to something a radio preacher said many years ago: We scream ourselves hoarse at sporting events, then go to church the next morning and are silent. Now I have Pentecostal roots. I gave my life to Christ over 33 years ago at the kitchen table of the Assemblies of God campus minister at Montclair State College in North Jersey, so I knew exactly what that radio preacher meant when he made that statement. While I am not a proponent of shouting out in church, I think there is something sweet about the sound of soft, verbal praise to God. It sounds almost angelic. I understand the difference between an open air stadium and a small (by comparison) building meant for worship. I do also realize that so many of us, myself included, fidget, doze off or let our minds wander during a one hour church service. Hmmm, wonder what we would have done during one of Paul’s preaching stints that lasted for hours? The Spirit of God is within us and the Spirit of God is around us, yet we allow ourselves to be bored in the house of God. It’s a curious thing. I suppose the world has taught us to yearn the exciting things in life. To be interested we must be shown something exceptional. I can’t think of anything more exceptional than God, but the fact remains we are human and human we shall always be. God understands us. He knows our minds stray. He also knows our hearts. He loves us just the way we are. Perhaps I could lift my hands in praise to Him once in a while … from the heart. Perhaps I could not care who saw me. Regardless of whether I do or not, our consistent God will continue to patiently mold me into the person He knows I can be.

WALK WITH THE KING TODAY AND BE A BLESSING!!