BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Thursday, June 12, 2014

IS IT TIME TO REFOCUS?

“Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.”  Psalm 19:14
            I have a confession to make.  There are times when the words that come out of my mouth are not very pretty.  There are also times when my heart is filled with anger or unrest.  I suppose it’s a struggle that is common to all men, but I am responsible for my words and actions, not anyone else’s.  So when I read Psalm 19:14 I feel a tiny twinge of guilt.  My attitude isn’t always what it should be.  How about you? 
            When our focus is on the Lord and not on ourselves or our surroundings it seems much easier to maintain our composure and meditate on the goodness of God.  How do we stay in a constant state such as this?  I wish I knew.  I do know this though; God is loving, kind, patient and merciful.  He created us so He knows we are but dust and to dust we shall return (Genesis 3:19).  The Lord is attempting to mold us into the image of His Son Jesus; however, we were given a free will so we don’t have to allow this metamorphosis to take place.  It’s to our benefit to allow it but we often dive after the shiny bauble rather than that which will benefit us the most.  It’s a common malady among all men, Christian or not.  Once we realize the joy that comes from living solely for God and not anything or anyone else, we will know true lasting peace and fulfillment no matter what befalls us.  Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing