BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Friday, May 27, 2016

WHAT’S IMPORTANT TO YOU?

Acts 20:24 New Living Translation (NLT)
“But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.”
       What’s more important to you, what you get out of life or what you put into it?  What you put into it will dictate what you get out of it.  But if your focus in life is recognition, fun, money and success, then your focus, at least as a Christian, is on the wrong thing. We are to be different than the world.  Look at Paul; his life was one of dedication to the Mosaic Law. He considered it his duty to rid the world of all who followed Christ.  Then his life made a sudden, unexpected turn that would change his focal point forever.  First it was God without Jesus, then it was God thru Jesus.  His whole life was turned upside down.  After his startling conversion he was led to say the above.  His life, his desires, his personal agendas didn’t matter to him any longer.  Unless he was spreading the gospel of Christ he considered his life worthless.
       In the busyness of our days we struggle to stay focused on the things of the Lord.  At times it isn’t very easy.  I have a deep desire to minister to the body of Christ thru the spoken word and my writings.  I have no desire to work a regular job, but rather would choose to focus on the things of God. I work a forty-hour a week job because that’s what the Lord wants from me at this time.  I reflect on the fact that Moses waited 40 years until he participated in the ministry God had for him.  So I write and share God’s grace whenever and wherever I have the opportunity at work or outside of work.  In spite of my time restrictions God manages to use me to be somewhat of a blessing to others and for that I am grateful.  My point is, I hunger to finish the work that has been assigned to me by my Lord. 
       Do you have gifts the Lord has given you?  Are you using them for His glory?  It’s our calling to utilize those gifts we’ve been given to further the kingdom of God in this world.  We must be compelled to do it.  We must be driven to do it.  We take no glory for what we do in the name of Christ, for all glory, honor and praise go to our Creator God.  We do what we do for Him because we have been called and because we can.  We are not to literally feel worthless as human beings if we aren’t out saving the world 24/7, but we should take a hard look at ourselves in the mirror and assess our life in Christ.  Are we doing all we can do for God with the tools He has given us?  Stretch your faith by using your spiritual and natural gifts for His glory and not your own.  We are nothing without Him.  Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing!

Resource:  The Application Study Bible – New Living Translation – Tyndale House Publishing, Inc.

No comments: