BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Thursday, January 12, 2017

THE LORD HEARS & CARES

Psalm 118:5-6 New Living Translation
“In my distress I prayed to the Lord, and the Lord answered me and set me free. The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?”
            This anonymous writer expresses his supreme confidence in the eternal love of God, which never changes in spite of the changing circumstances all around us.  The unchangeable nature of God should give us a sense of security.  There is absolutely nothing that can happen to us that God isn’t completely aware of.  He is also in complete control of all things that happen in this life. 
            One note that should be made is that while we can most assuredly pray to God when we are in distress, we should make it a practice to commune with the Lord thru prayer on a regular basis.  This is not an ‘on again, off again’ situation, but rather should become a normal part of every day.  Instead of telling the Lord what you feel you need, why not ‘praise’ him for the wondrous things he has done. He already knows what you need and has promised in his word to meet each and every one of them. Take the time to meditate on his good works in your life, things that couldn’t have been coincidences. 
            When it comes to knowing the Lord we can literally have no fear.  Being fearless doesn’t mean being ‘reckless’. It means we don’t have to be fearful of people or any past, present or future situations.  Man can take our possessions, our loved ones and even our own life, but he cannot take our soul or our faith.  God has secured that for eternity if you are his child, devoted to his service.  So quite literally, what can man do to me?  Absolutely nothing.  Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing!
Resource: The Life Application Study Bible; The Reformation Study Bible.
Psalm 18:19 NLT
“He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me.”
Psalm 120:1 NLT 
“I took my troubles to the Lord; I cried out to him, and he answered my prayer.”
Hebrews 13:6 NLT

“So we can say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?’”

No comments: