BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Friday, August 17, 2018

THE POWER OF GOD

Romans 7:21-25 New Living Translation
“I have discovered this principle of life—that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. I love God’s law with all my heart. But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.”
            In these final words of Chapter 7, we see a few powerful words portrayed. We see the word ‘war’, the word ‘power’, the word ‘slave’, the word ‘miserable’& the word ‘dominated’. These words describe a life entangled with sin. Paul refers to it as a war with your mind. The power that sin has over you enslavesyou. Those enslaved to sinare quite miserable. Once entangled in sinyour life can become dominated by both sin & death.
            Now look at three other words that depict something quite different. The words are ‘free’‘answer’‘obey’. They sound a lot more positive than the ones listed in the first paragraph because they are. The answeragainst sin is Jesus. Jesus makes us free. If we obeyJesus we will get the victory over sin. This is why I have stressed immersing yourself in God’s word. Jesus used the Word of God to defeat the devil’s temptations in the wilderness. There is power in the blood, power in the name of Jesus & power in God’s word. Sin may be crouched out of sight waiting for its opportunity to grab us by the throat, but we can keep it at bay by making the right choices. The choice to soak up God’s word, the choice to adjust our focus & the choice to obey what we know in our hearts to be true.
            Sin doesn’t have to stop you in your tracks. A heart set right for God may stumble, but the fact that you care that you have sinned against God & his principles is evidence enough that the Spirit is alive & well & working within you. It’s when you sin & don’t care that you have to be concerned. Repel the enemy & allow the mighty warrior within to rise up in the armor of God and take charge. Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing!
Resources:www.biblegateway.com, The Life Application Study Bible.

No comments: