BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Looking at Isaiah

“Listen to me, my people. Hear me, Israel, for my law will be proclaimed, and my justice will become a light to the nations. My mercy and justice are coming soon. My salvation is on the way. My strong arm will bring justice to the nations. All distant lands will look to me and wait in hope for my powerful arm. Look up to the skies above, and gaze down on the earth below. For the skies will disappear like smoke, and the earth will wear out like a piece of clothing. The people of the earth will die like flies, but my salvation lasts forever. My righteous rule will never end!”- Isaiah 51:4-6
            The 4th thru 6th verses of chapter 51 establish the personal nature of God. The people of Israel are the children of God by his own choice. The Lord could have chosen any group, but he chose the Jews. Despite their constant wanderings and abject disobedience, God loves them unconditionally and chooses to forgive and be merciful towards them. It is with his own hand that he will restore Jerusalem and lead his children out of Babylon directly to Judah & Jerusalem.
            God refers to Israel as “my people” in the very first sentence. Subsequently, he speaks of “my law”, “my justice”, “my mercy”, “my salvation”, “my strong arm”, “my salvation” a 2nd time & finally, “my righteous rule”. Looks like he’s covered all the bases. These statements bring hope to those who hear them. The faith of the Jews in their Jehovah God had been rekindled. Even after all the harm that their obstinate behavior had caused them, in the end God still took care of them. What God has done for Israel he can and will do for you if you let him.
            At the end of the 51st chapter God reveals a reversal of fortunes. In verse 23 the Lord promises to remove the cup of torment from the hands of Israel and place it in the hands of Babylon. The ones who threatened to trample Israel into dust, shall now be the ones to meet that fate, while the Jews are set free. Next time we will look into chapter 52. Until that time, walk with the King and be a blessing.
Resources: The Life Application Study Bible; www.biblegatewayplus.com .

No comments: