BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Thoughts from a Random Mind

            I have failed so many times in this life, but in spite of my failed efforts God loves me. His patience is infinite, and his mercies are new every morning. I am humbled, for I don’t deserve such grace, but that’s exactly what grace is … unmerited or undeserved favor. Wow! I don’t know anyone this side of heaven that forgives and then remembers it against me no longer. That’s the example we’re supposed to follow, but I feel incapable of replicating his actions. Half the time I feel overwhelmed by the task before me; the other half of the time I’m stumbling thru an effort to succeed. If I only had my own resources to rely on, I could see why I would feel overwhelmed, but we are not alone in our efforts. 
            Distractions abound in this life. The devil is working overtime to slow us down in our efforts to serve the Lord. We cannot do this alone. It’s impossible. On our best day we can’t live up to God’s standard. That’s why we need him. We shouldn’t beat ourselves up because of our failings. We are like small children learning to ride a bike for the first time. First, we start with training wheels. When the training wheels come off, we are unsure of our ability to perform this task of riding on two wheels. A skinned knee may be the result, but we weren’t promised a pain-free life. In a way God is like a mom, who tends to the knee to bring about healing. He is also like a father who encourages and instructs us. We can’t do it alone. We must except that as a fact. 
            I have very poor concentration, which results in my being easily distracted. If we must be distracted let us be distracted by the Lord and not by irrelevant things that amount to nothing in the end. There is no such thing as a simple life any longer. Technological advances have seen to that. Our phones, iPads, Xboxes, etc. have become the distractions of the day and from what I’m told Netflix is downright addictive. Anything to take away from time with the Lord. We fail because we cannot see the true importance of having God supersede all else in our lives. Without his constant interaction in our lives we will continue to fail. Hone in on the things of the Lord and let him lead you where he wants you to go. The victories will come. Minor setbacks will come as well, but they will be outweighed by the daily successes we will find in Christ. Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing!   
RLKeller
Bread of Life Ministries

No comments: