BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Sunday, October 25, 2020

Knowing God's Word

“Here I am, I have come—it is written about me in the scroll. I desire to do your will, my God; your law is within my heart.”Psalm 40:7-8

            The general theme of Psalm 40, a Psalm of King David, is that doing God’s will may mean patiently waiting. While we wait, we can love and serve God, love and serve others and share the virtues of God with others. The scroll that is mentioned in verse 7 refers to the following: when someone becomes King, they are to copy the words of God’s law on a scroll. They are to use that scroll as a tool to internalize its teachings so they can effectively lead their people in the following of the Lord.

            Since David knew God’s law, which was written in his heart, he knew and understood the main key to having a right relationship with God. It had nothing to do with making sacrifices and offerings to the Lord. We too must know God’s standards for living if we are to please Him by essentially imitating Christ in our daily life. David knew being king was a tremendous responsibility; one that was God-given. He declared what he believed, that he was bound to live by the law of God which he had received.

            In verse 8 King David shared his heart-felt and sincere desire to obediently live out the will of God. I say ‘heart-felt’ because such things spoken are matters of the heart. The seriousness of our obedience cannot be measured, for it is something that should come naturally at some point during one’s spiritual maturation process.

            As proof that David himself was emulating a Christ that he would never know lies in the words “I take joy in doing Your will, my God.” This attitude is no different than the one Jesus Himself exhibited with regards to obeying and serving God (John 4:34; 5:30).

Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing.

Richard Keller

Bread of Life Ministries

 

Resources: NIV Biblical Theology Study Bible; NIV Quest Study Bible Notes; Reformation Study Bible; Life Application Study Bible. 

 

John 4:34 - “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.”

John 5:30 – “By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.”

No comments: