BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Monday, December 7, 2020

The Gate & The Good Shepherd

“I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. All who came before me were thieves and robbers. But the true sheep did not listen to them. Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved.” – John 10:7-9a

“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep.” – John 10:11

“I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So, I sacrifice my life for the sheep.” – John 10:14-15

            Jesus is saying thru metaphors that He is the way to eternal life. He is not only the gate or door, but also the Shepherd. The Lord calls out our name and bids us come to Him. Those who have an ear to hear shall come, walk thru the door that is Christ and enter into eternal life after they leave this earth. 

            We can know the voice of the good shepherd by listening to what He is saying. That which He is saying rings true. It’s at that time that we realize we’ve found the answer to all of life’s questions. The ember within our soul sparks to life and a flame now exists. We must fan the flame by digging deep into the treasure trove of riches found in His word.

            Just as the shepherd leads His flock thru the gate into green pastures, so Christ leads His followers thru the figurative gate to the truth and reality that awaits all who would believe. The shepherd is willing to defend his flock to the death if needs be. That is the true nature of a savior … our savior. He went to the cross willingly to shed His blood so that we wouldn’t have to. He paid our sin debt, because Christ knew we were unable to. We are broken, sin-riddled people who cannot save ourselves. The shepherd protects his flock so they can graze in peace. We, in turn, are like the sheep in that we are able to graze on the richness of God’s word. Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing.

Richard Keller

Bread of Life Ministries

No comments: