BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Friday, December 4, 2020

The Light of the World

 Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you wont have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.John 8:12 New Living Translation

                  Jesus declares that He is the light of the world. There is this funny thing about light, it displaces darkness. Sin is often, but not always, done under a cloak of darkness because the deeds done are evil. John 1:5 states, “The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.” In using the words “I am” Jesus is deifying Himself, stating essentially that He is God. 

                  The words “I AM” were first used in Exodus 3:14 when Jehovah replied to Moses query “who shall I say has sent me”, by saying,  “I AM who I AM. Say this to the people of Israel: I AM has sent me to you.” I AM can mean “to be”. God has always existed. See if that doesn’t make your head explode. I can’t explain it and I don’t understand it, but remember, we’ve never been asked to understand anything that has to do with God. Our minds simply cannot comprehend the magnitude of a living spirit being who has done all that scripture says He has done. It boggles the mind for sure.

                  Jesus, as part of the Trinity, created all things “and His life brought light to everyone”. Evil cannot touch us when we are walking in the light. The light shines on the narrow path we are to travel down. It’s like driving down a road in the pitch dark with nothing to guide us on our way. The car lights cut thru the darkness and the high beams cast light further down the road. Embrace Christ and live in the light. Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing.

Richard Keller

Bread of Life Ministries

Resource: The Life Application Study Bible; Tyndale Publishing.

No comments: