BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

TRIALS PROMOTE GROWTH

“So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.”1 Peter 1:6-7
            I came upon these verses at an interesting time. I’ve been struggling with a number of things and though I know we all go thru trials and that God is with us in the midst of those trials, I frequently allow my mind to take a trip to the negative side, where reality is rarely present. With all the hope filled verses and encouraging passages in scripture to bolster my faith, I allow myself to become downcast, unable to see the positive in anything that is transpiring. When the dust settles at the end of the day I’ve usually come to a place where I realize things could have been much worse then what I was experiencing at that particular time. The Lord is with us wherever we go and allows our trials to come to us to make us stronger. It becomes a matter of trust. Do I trust God to carry me when I am too weak to stand?
            If nothing ever went wrong in our lives why would be need faith? What would we be trusting God for? The Lord knows us so well that he knows exactly what to send our way to promote spiritual growth when it is needed the most. If we decide not to trust the Lord, whom will we then trust? No one else is flawless, perfect, fair and just like Almighty God. No one knows us like he does. We must lean heavily on Christ for he is the way maker. We should be like Peter, who when asked by Jesus if he would leave the faith as others had done, replied, “Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words of eternal life.” (John 6:68)  Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing!

Resource: The Life Application Study Bible.

No comments: