BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Monday, March 18, 2019

LENTEN DEVOTIONAL - Day 13

Lent is or at least should be a time of reflection and self-examination. Instead of giving up ice cream, candy, a favorite food item or beverage, it should involve giving up that which is displeasing to the Lord, such as gossiping, being negative or being judgmental. We are called to be more like Christ. If you observe Lent then make it a point to be more Christ-like in all you think, say and do. The devotionals over the 40-day Lenten period are meant to steer you in that direction. May his name be glorified thru our lives.
__________________________________

Being Christ-like
“Accept one another … just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.”Romans 15:7
                  I have a hard time loving the unlovely: those who look differently or those who act differently than me.  I have a hard time with people I perceive to be elitist, looking down their nose at me. All my issues have grown out of preconceived notions based on my upbringing, my schooling, my friends growing up. I have allowed this to take place, perhaps because I didn’t know any better, but now I do. God’s word has taught me differently. So what do I do now?
                  A scripture like Romans 15:7 lays it out there for us all. We are to approve of one another. We are to receive them as readily as Christ has accepted us. Do we deserve God’s acceptance and approval? Honestly, on my best day the answer would still be a resounding “NO!” So who am I to essentially pass judgment on anyone else, when Christ hasn’t passed judgment on me? I AM ONE OF THE REASONS HE HAD TO BE CRUCIFIED!Yet I am accepted unconditionally and loved unconditionally and forgiven unconditionally. It is a very humbling thing to come to that realization … but when you come to that realization and it doesn’t cause a change in your behavior then something is wrong. It’s a matter of changing -ishto -less. Check it out. I can be self-ish… selfish with my time, my money, my affection or self-less, which is what Christ calls me to be.  This essentially means the needs of others come first.  
                  Here is one time when lessis more… more like Christ, that is. This is hard for me. I strive for it; I desire it ... but obviously not enough. Just the fact that I care enough to be concerned about my lack of selflessness gives me hope that someday I will change my thought process and actions. We must all pray for one another that we can be more like Christ, for without Christ we have no hope.  Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing! rlkeller

No comments: