BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

LENTEN DEVOTIONAL - Day 29

You Are a Blessing
 “… I will bless you … And you shall be a blessing.”Genesis 12:2 NKJV
                  God is speaking to Abram; it is before God changed his name to Abraham. Abram meant“exalted father”; Abraham meant “father of a multitude”for God was going to bless him beyond measure. His promise to Abram was that He would make his descendants as plentiful as there were stars in the sky (Genesis 15:5). What a wonderful promise. 
I would like to focus on the words shown above. Have you ever wanted to be a blessing to someone, but didn’t know how? I have. I learned some time ago that I was not to take the blessing given to me by my Heavenly Father and keep it to myself. I was to share it in whatever way I could.  I am here to tell you that if you are blessed of God, you will be a blessing. I have gone so far as to pray thusly: “Lord, I ask that you would bless me abundantly, not just so that I am blessed, but so that I may bless others.” I am not bragging about that. It was just something that I felt in my heart was the right thing to do, something I felt was ordained by God and something that I felt would be pleasing to Him. 
                  If we truly believe that our Heavenly Father is our provider and sustainer in this life, that all things come through His providential hand in one way or another, then why would we want to accumulate it and keep it all to ourselves? We are to disperse it and touch other lives with it. It might be financial or material in nature or it might be a simple kindness or word of encouragement or edification, it doesn’t matter. If God is in it, it will be a blessing to someone. We will be God’s hand extended. 
                  Those words in Genesis 12:2 stood out to me in a special way. Several years ago I found myself in a transitional period in my life. Many changes had occurred, not all for the good and yet I sit here a blessed man. I recognize that what I no longer have I didn’t need and that which I have, although meager by comparison, is more than enough. I don’t bemoan my situation; I revel in my God Who has His loving hand upon me this very moment and is working on my behalf to bless me, that I may be a blessing to those around me. 
“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.”(John 15:5 NKJV)
I honestly believe that without the blessing of God in my life and the inspiration and direction of His Holy Spirit, I would be incapable of doing anything of true eternal value in this life. When I say we should reach out a hand of blessing to all those around us, I say it recognizing that it is what God is moving upon me to do. Surrender your inhibitions and fears to God and be used by Him to bless others with the immense blessings He has given you. Spend some time thinking of all the blessings you have that can be attributed to your Heavenly Father and then thank Him for them and spread them around. Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing! rlkeller

No comments: