BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Thoughts from a Random Mind

                  It's curious to me that while so many people ask how you are, most aren't interested in the receiving your answer. If we truly told people how we are they'd be looking for any reason to detach themselves from that particular situation very quickly.

                  As for me, I find myself saying HI to just about everyone at work.  I’m just a friendly guy. When I ask how someone is I really want to know. There have been countless times just asking how someone is can lead to a brief conversation that reveals the need for prayer. Sometimes I pray right then and there with the person, sometimes I send the request to my Prayer Posse so we can all pray or at times I do both. Don’t get me wrong, I am in no way bragging or looking for the accolades of men. It’s just that God presents me with opportunities, and I try to represent Him as best I can with the Spirit’s help.

                  Because of my physical stature (6’5”, 320 lbs) and the fact that the Holy Spirit is within me, people seem to be drawn to me. From time to time I try a certain sociological experiment. I go thru the day NOT saying HI to people to see how many say HI to me without me saying anything. I find the results quite interesting. Many of the people pass by without saying a word. If I initiate the greeting they respond. If I don’t, they are silent. Curious, isn’t it. You can also tell a lot about a person when you begin to tell them how you really are … watch for their reaction. If it appears canned or mechanical, then perhaps they really don’t care all that much. I think most people don’t expect you to tell them how you’re really doing.  The people I like are the ones who, without you saying a thing, recognize that you might be in pain or some sort of mild distress and ask if you’re alright. Those folks show themselves to be legitimately caring for their fellow man/woman.

                  All this begs the question: Have we become too impersonal as a society? Maybe so. Only we can change that. We all (myself included) need to become more selfless and less selfish. Only God can bring about that change. Ask for it and you will receive it. It requires cultivation over time. We can do it. That will be one way the masses will see Jesus in us. Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing.

In His name & for His glory,

Richard Keller

Bread of Life Ministries

No comments: