BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Thoughts from a Random Mind

       My definition of joy does not include being beaten to within an inch of my life, yet scripture tells us that “for the joy set before Him (willingly) endured the cross” (Hebrews 12:2). I cannot even imagine what was going thru Jesus’ mind at that time. Seems to me that would have been an optimum time to have an out of body experience. 

                  My personal threshold of pain is very low, so the thought of enduring the pain Christ had to go thru boggles my mind and makes me cringe all at the same time. The thought of the scourge tearing chunks of flesh from His body, allowing blood to pour forth is painful in and of itself.  He went thru all that for you and me and while I am grateful, I am also sad that my sin, in part, caused that to be necessary. 

                  This week, Holy Week, is a somber reminder of what came before Christ’s glorious resurrection and while I know some believers recoil at the gory details I share, I feel it is very necessary to know in detail all that was required to expunge not just my sin, but the sins of all peoples for all time. The weight of that sin must have been incredible, yet “for the joy set before Him, Christ endured the cross”. May we never, ever forget the horrific price that was paid so that we could be set free from the sin that had entangled us. May the name of Jesus Christ be glorified forevermore, for He alone is our Lord and the Savior of the world. Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing. 

In His name & for His glory,

Richard Keller

Bread of Life Ministries

No comments: