BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Saturday, February 18, 2012

RANDOM RAMBLINGS 15

Doing what you know to be right can be very difficult at times.

Like putting a parent in an assisted living facility when you know they would much rather be at home around familiar surroundings. My Dad is in the beginning stages of dementia. He can be just fine in the morning but in the early afternoon will start to become confused and by the evening will not make any sense at all. It is hard to watch. I fought putting him in a home in my mind thinking that I HAD to at least TRY to take care of him at home. A dear friend of mine said I had no idea what I was in for. They had taken care of both their parents who had Alzheimer's and they assured me that it was a mind numbing undertaking.

So I signed him up for the memory unit at a place nearby. He will arrive there this coming Tuesday morning. They requested that I not come to visit for the first two weeks of his stay, saying that they have determined that this aids in their acclimating to the new surroundings. So be it.

I was initially not very happy about having to do this to him, but I gradually realized that I was not doing anything TO him, but rather doing what was best FOR him. 24/7 nurse and caregiver staff to keep watch over him is more than I could have ever provided. He needs that now. He may hate me for doing it, but in the end it is the best thing for him.

Doing what you know to be right can be very difficult at times.

WALK WITH THE KING TODAY AND BE A BLESSING!

No comments: