BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Monday, February 27, 2012

SELF-CONTROL

Galatians 5:22-23 (CEB) “… the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.”

SELF-CONTROL (def): the ability to exercise restraint or control over one's feelings, emotions, reactions.

RESTRAINT (def): the ability to control or moderate one's impulses, passions.

We are asked to restrain ourselves in scripture. I have a very hard time restraining myself when it comes to eating. Even when I eat things that are good for me, I eat too many of them. But these verses aren’t talking about eating per se; they are referring to the way we act and react to things around us.

Back in the 1970’s, when America was experiencing gas shortages and long lines to fuel our vehicles was the norm, some people LOST their self-control and literally shot other people to death over cutting in the line. We need to remain calm even in the most trying circumstances. I tend to lose my temper when I misplace something around the house. It is a ridiculous display of anger than I am ashamed to even have to admit, but I could not seem to restraint myself … I lost control of my emotions.

How about you? Do you “lose it” from time to time. Ask God to teach you how to use self-control in all areas of your life. You will be more at peace with yourself and be a greater example to others. People are watching us, make no mistake about it. They want to know how this Jesus makes us any different from them. What are we showing them?

WALK WITH THE KING TODAY AND BE A BLESSING!!

No comments: