BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Saturday, December 15, 2012

RANDOM RAMBLINGS 56

          A brief conversation with a neighbor went something like this: “Hi. Ready for Christmas?” “Pretty much. You?” “Oh, I still have things to get. It’s a real pain in the *ss. It’s getting to be a bigger pain in the *ss every year.”
          Hmmm, I never thought of Christmas as a pain in my *ss. Even when I was harried. Even before I was a Christian. Interesting. She had been caught up in the mad dash to spend money you couldn’t really afford to spend or rack up debt on a credit card it would take at least 6 months of the new year to pay off. It seemed to be a ritual with some people.
          Me? I've always loved Christmas. Even with the crowds and the grumpy shoppers and the long lines and the traffic gridlock by the malls. I love the colors of Christmas. The reds, greens, whites and gold’s with a splash of black to accent the collage of colors. I love the carols … the true carols of Christmas, not the modern substitutes. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear, The First Noel, Silent Night, O Little Town of Bethlehem … I grew up hearing them sung by Eddie Arnold, Sergio Franchi, Gordon MacRae, Robert Goulet or played by Andre Kostelanetz, Montovani or Percy Faith. I love everything about the Christmas season. Pain in the *ss? Never.
          Lost in the madness is the Christ child, born in a manger. The reason for the season. Without Christ, is life truly worth living at all? What is the point of life without hope and how can anyone have even a glimmer of hope without redemption? rlk