BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Saturday, December 10, 2011

RANDOM RAMBLINGS 8

I grew up in a Presbyterian church in Red Bank, NJ. I sang in the children’s choir from age 7-17 and enjoyed it immensely. Through the years I have sung in various church choirs, but it seemed that the larger the church the less likely they were to want me to sing with them. It was nothing personal and I didn’t take it as such, however, a church holding auditions as if it were for a Broadway show was a bit much in my opinion. It is my feeling that anyone who loves to sing and would like to for the glory of God should be welcome. Most of the folks who can’t carry a tune in a bag know it, but what harm is it if they want to sing to God’s glory anyway?
 
Through the years I have attended Pentecostal churches, Baptist churches, Independent churches and Churches of Christ. They were all fine churches that preached and taught the Word of God with gusto. They are where I acquired my faith and knowledge of God. Today I attend a Presbyterian church in Middletown, NJ, the town I now live in and the one I grew up in and am finding it to be a wonderful experience. Denominations were man’s invention. You will not find the word "denomination” or the word ‘religion’ in scripture. It matters not where you attend church, as long as they preach Christ and Him crucified. Salvation is the crux of our faith and this Presbyterian Pastor is a bonafide born again man with faults and foibles just like me. I love this man for his down to earth approach to ministry and inner fire of the Lord.

Now back to singing in the choir. I have missed not singing in a church choir for years now. I was never quite able to find a place. Once I came to Westminster Presbyterian a month ago and they heard that I could carry a tune, it was up to me whether I wanted to join their choir or not. In many churches, it is a requirement that you be able to read music. I can’t read a lick, but have the ability to follow the notes by sitting next to a fellow bass who can and singing the note a split second after I hear it coming out of my neighbor. I suppose many people do that. Hey, whatever works, right?

This choir is made up of approximately 20-25 men and women who love the Lord and love to sing praises to Him. Many of them cannot read a lick of music. Doesn’t matter. We can all carry a tune reasonably well. The main requirement, perhaps the only one, is that you have a desire to sing and are there when you are supposed to be. During my first practice session this past Thursday evening, I realized how much I have missed singing in a church choir. I thoroughly enjoyed myself as I sang along with songs I had never sung in my life. But my heart was fully in it and I felt blessed to be a part of such an eclectic group of believers.

Scripture speaks of making a joyful noise unto the Lord. I believe that it matters not what you sound like, like everything else with God, it is a matter of the heart. Any sound of praise or worship unto God is sweet music to His ears, no matter what others may think. For it is from the heart that our truest, most heartfelt feelings emanate.

WALK WITH THE KING TODAY AND MAY HIS NAME BE PRAISED FOREVER AND FOREVER!!




No comments: