BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Friday, December 9, 2011

DO U KNOW GOD?

John 15:5 (NIV) 5“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
Luke 6:47-49 (NIV) 47As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. 48 They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. 49 But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”

Do you involve God in all your important life altering decisions? You should. Why? God knows you intimately. He knows you far better than you even know yourself. What type of decisions am I referring to? What career path you take; where you go to college; where you go to church; who you marry … life altering decisions that will impact your life as you know it.

I once roomed with a Christian guy who literally asked God if it was alright to brush his teeth at that particular moment. Now in my opinion THAT is going WAY overboard. It’s not that God isn’t interested in personal hygiene or dental health, but He gave us a brain and the ability to cognitively process our thoughts. I suppose I am assuming that God trusts our ability to know when it is time to brush our teeth and take care of our own personal hygiene.

I have long understood that anything that I do for God would not take place without the assistance of His Holy Spirit. When Jesus says in John 15:5 “apart from me you can do nothing” I take that quite literally. I honestly believe that any good thing people see in me is due to the presence of God in my life. Without that I would be nothing of any consequence. Oh I would exist. I would still get up in the morning, eat breakfast, do whatever it is that I do, come home, eat dinner and go to sleep, but without God in my life I wouldn’t be writing this blog. I wouldn’t be going to church. I wouldn’t know some of the incredibly neat people that I have met. I wouldn’t think the way I do. I wouldn’t act and react to things the way I do. I would be on my own. What a lonely place to be. But I DO know God and I am a better man for it.

The portion of scripture in Luke has always intrigued me. It causes us to pause and reflect on our life. It causes us to ponder our belief system. It causes us to question what our foundational beliefs truly are. Do we simply go to church on Sunday morning and announce to the world that we belief in God or do we have a relationship with the Almighty Living God that is a vibrant and living thing? What is your life built on? What do you believe? It is an important question to ask yourself. Your eternal destination depends on your answer. This life is not purely by happenstance. It is by design. If your life is not what it should be or could be, whose fault is it? Do you feel it is God’s? Why? Is it because He didn’t blessing you beyond your wildest dreams? Is it because you prayed to Him that you would win the lottery and you didn’t so now you don’t believe in Him anymore. What is your belief in God based on, fact or conjecture? Are you believing what you are told or seeking the truth on your own? You shouldn’t even believe a word I have written without scoping things out for yourself.  What do you believe and why do you believe it? It’s important to know. You can ask God to reveal Himself to you and speak to your heart whether you have a relationship with Him or not. What are you afraid of? Do it. Talk to God the way you talk to a friend. He’s there. He’s always listening and He loves you more than you could ever even begin to comprehend.

WALK WITH THE KING TODAY AND BE A BLESSING!!

No comments: