BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Friday, December 2, 2011

U R A BLESSING, BE ONE

Genesis 12:2 (NKJV) “… I will bless you … And you shall be a blessing.”

God is speaking to Abram here; it is before God changed his name to Abraham. Abram meant “exalted father”; Abraham meant “father of a multitude” for God was going to bless him beyond measure. His promise to Abram was that He would make his descendents as plentiful as there were stars in the sky (Genesis 15:5)  . What a wonderful promise, but today I would like to focus on the words that are above.

Have you ever wanted to be a blessing to someone, but didn’t know how? I have. I learned some time ago that I was not to take the blessing bestowed to me by my Heavenly Father and keep it to myself. I was to share it whatever way I could. I am here to tell you that if you are blessed of God, you WILL be a blessing. I have gone so far as to pray thusly: “Lord, I ask that you would bless me abundantly, not just so that I am blessed, but so that I may bless others.” I am not bragging about that. It was just something that I felt in my heart was the right thing to do, something ordained by God Himself and something that would be pleasing to Him.

If we truly believe that our Heavenly Father is our provider and sustainer in this life, that all things come through His providential hand in one way or another, then why would we want to accumulate it and keep it all to ourselves? We are to disperse it … cast it out; touch other lives with it. It might be financial or material in nature; doesn’t matter. If God is in it, it will be a blessing to someone. It will be as God’s hand extended.

Those words in Genesis 12:2 stood out to me in a special way. I find myself in a transitional period in my life. Many changes have occurred lately and not all for the good and yet I sit here a blessed man. I recognize that what I no longer have I didn’t need an that which I have, although meager by comparison, if more than enough, because it just is. I don’t bemoan my situation; I revel in my God Who has His loving hand upon me this very moment and is working on my behalf to bless me that I may be a blessing to those around me.

Perhaps God has given you an electric personality. Maybe you literally light up a room when you enter it. That is a blessing from God and you may have no earthly idea how your bright disposition and winning smile may bless those around you. Being positive and encouraging in spite of your own circumstances might be a tremendous blessing to those you encounter, fueled my your understanding and acceptance that God is taking care of you and everything is going to turn out alright. I try to leave people better off when I leave them then when we first met. That is not meant to be a conceited statement, for I take quite literally the verse of scripture in the Gospels when Jesus says “I am the vine, you are the branches …

John 15:5 (NKJV) “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.”

I honestly believe that without the blessing of God in my life and the inspiration and direction of His Holy Spirit, this blog would never exist. I would be incapable of doing anything of true eternal value in this life without His blessing and existence in my life. And when I say we should reach out a hand of blessing to all those around us, I say it recognizing that it is what God is moving upon us to do. Surrender your inhibitions and fears to God and be used by Him to bless others with the immense blessings He has given to you. Spend some time thinking of all the blessings you have that can be attributed to your Heavenly Father and then thank Him for them and spread them around.

WALK WITH THE KING TODAY AND BE A BLESSING!

No comments: