BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Thursday, December 1, 2011

DOES GOD HEAR US?

Psalm 6:9 (NIV) “The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer.”

Psalm 17:6 (NIV) “I call on you, my God, for you will answer me; turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.”


Psalm 65:2 (NIV) “You who answer prayer, to you all people will come.”

Psalm 66:19 (NIV) “… but God has surely listened and has heard my prayer.”

Proverbs 15:8 (NIV) “The LORD detests the sacrifice of the wicked, but the prayer of the upright pleases him.”

Proverbs 15:29 (NIV) “The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous.”

Matthew 21:22 (NIV) “If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”

Mark 11:24 (NIV) “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”

Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV) “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

James 5:16 (NIV) “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.”

1 Peter 3:12 (NIV) “For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer; but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

The Word of God is far more important and compelling that anything I could ever write, yet I write to be used of God as a conduit through whom He ministers peace and hope to a sin sick world. I received a scare a few hours ago. I take medication for a certain condition I have and had run out several days ago. Having neither insurance, nor the money for a refill, I foolishly have gone without it for going on 5 days. I awoke at 3:42 a.m. feeling odd. It causes a bit of a panic in me so I quickly got up and began to pray. As a result of this event, I began to ponder the significance of prayer and what the Bible says about God hearing our prayers. He not only hears our prayers but is found in scripture encouraging us to pray.

With the backing of the Word of God, I believe God hears our every prayer and answers us either in the affirmative, the negative or the not yet. Being in ‘the land of the not yet’, as I like to call it, is a true test of our faith. I mean, what is faith anyway … believing that something IS even though it cannot be yet seen. I trust God with my life. He has never failed to provide for or sustain me through any and every situation I have found myself in. Scripture tells us that God is no respecter of persons, meaning what He did for those in Bible times He will most assuredly do for you and me. It is a promise in His Word.

Now let’s be honest here; does God need to hear our prayers? I mean, He is all knowing, so He must know what we will be praying prior to our uttering one word of petition to Him, right? I propose to you that we pray for OUR benefit more than for God’s. It does us good to not only ask for assistance, but also praise His name at the same time. It does our soul good to mouth the words aloud regarding His promises and His attributes. It becomes a strong reminder that He IS and also that He is more than capable of hearing and helping us with whatever may be on our mind and heart. God is a gracious and kind God, “slow to anger, abounding in love” as the scriptures say. It should be a consolation to us that He is such a God who knows what we are in need of and is more than able to meet our every need. This is tremendous news for the believer. We can ask anything of God within the parameters of His word and will for our lives and He will do it. And if the answer doesn’t come when we feel we need it, understand that God’s time table doesn’t always mesh with our own. We want things here and now; God, however, in His infinite wisdom, happens to know exactly when we truly need the answer and responds accordingly. Fear not believer, God has heard you and will meet your need, no matter what it might be, in His perfect time and within His perfect plan and will for your life. You can count on it. Seriously, has He ever failed you yet?

WALK WITH THE KING TODAY AND BE A BLESSING!

No comments: