BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Saturday, September 22, 2012

RANDOM RAMBLINGS 44

IRRELEVANT - not connected with or relevant to something.
EXTRANEOUS - not forming an essential or vital part.

            In my efforts to become more like Christ (which I am not doing very well at), I acquired a word that I thought defined my role in the relationship: irrelevant. I use John 3:30 “He must become greater and I must become lesser” as my mantra. After taking a closer look at the definition of the word and pondering the topic a bit I thought of another word that would be more appropriate: extraneous. One of the meanings of extraneous is ‘not forming an essential or vital part’. That is perfect. While I am of immeasurable value to God, I am of little importance in the overall scheme of things. Now I expect that some might have an objection to my using this word to describe life with Christ, but it works for me. As the old saying goes, ‘if the shoe fits, wear it’.
            In the course of my life from now on I will try my best to become extraneous when involved in things of an eternal nature. Christ must increase in my life; His will, His desires, His precepts, His love and mercy, etc. My will and desires must become less essential … non-vital, in my life. That is what I mean by ‘becoming extraneous’. I even had a tee shirt made with that phrase on it and the scripture John 3:30 as a reminder to me and a message to those around me: in our lives as Christians, Christ must become all important and we must become unimportant. I recognize my place in God’s world; I am but a single grain of sand on the immense beach of all eternity. I also understand that while I am but a single grain of sand I am also capable of all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13) and I can be used as a conduit for God’s glory. I revel in my role as a grain of sand for God.
            It is my feeling that we as believers should all seriously consider joining the ‘becoming extraneous’ team. Will you join me?

WALK WITH THE KING TODAY AND BE A BLESSING!!