BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Friday, September 14, 2012

BEING IRRELEVANT

Philippians 2:5-8 “In your relationships with one another, have the same attitude of mind Christ Jesus had: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a human being, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death – even death on a cross!”
 
            How many times have you heard of someone using their position or family ties to avoid some hardship, perhaps military service or even prosecution of a crime? It happens. Now consider who Christ was and it becomes hard to comprehend His actions. You or I may have done exactly what scripture suggests and had a legion of mighty angels come down upon those who sought to harm us. Yet Christ remained silent; He said and did nothing in His own defense. He literally took on the nature of a slave, stepped into mankind and ministered to the needs of those He created. This is the nature He wants us to have to our brothers and sisters in Christ.
            I have adopted a term regarding myself lately. It is ‘irrelevant’. Now I understand that I am of great value to God and so are you, but I also understand John the Baptist’s words in John 3:30 when he says of Jesus, “He must become greater; I must become less.” While we are of infinite importance to God when it comes to overall importance, He is far more important than we will ever be. What I mean by that is that He is the provider of redemption, we are the receiver of redemption. The creature can never be greater than its creator. So I am trying to serve God, yet remain irrelevant. Regarding books I have written, God is paramount, I am irrelevant. Whether people know my name or who I am is inconsequential and unimportant to me. It is far more important that His word get out to encourage and edify the body and minister salvation to a lost and dying world than for me to receive fame and fortune. That is what I mean by being irrelevant. I see myself as precious in the eyes of God, yet in reality nothing more than a speck of sand on the immense beach of life. He must increase; I must decrease. God shares His glory with no one and far be it from me to seek even the tiniest bit of that glory for myself.
            The death Christ suffered to the hands of evil men reveals to us the heart’s motivation of those who are unbelievers. They wish to snuff out any threat to their lifestyle or way of thinking. It’s no different today. Still, God is ready to receive all who would reach out to Him.

WALK WITH THE KING TODAY AND BE A BLESSING!!