BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

THIRSTING TO BE RIGHT WITH GOD

Matthew 5:6 Amplified Bible 
“Blessed [joyful, nourished by God’s goodness] are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness [those who actively seek right standing with God], for they will be [completely] satisfied.
            In my study of this verse I saw two ways to view the righteousnesswe are to hunger and thirst after. 1) Righteousness can be a figurative reference to heaven, since we know that righteousness dwells there (2 Peter 3:13 AMP);2) It can be simply hungering and thirsting after God who IS righteousness personified (Psalm 42:2 AMP);righteousness thru maintaining a right relationship with God. The key there is the meaning of the word righteousness, which in ancient Judaism meant, “to acquit, vindicate, restore to a right relationship.”
            Regardless of which reason you choose to accept, they all lead to the same place; cultivating a right relationship with Almighty God. It should be encouraging to us that all our diligent efforts to follow the Lord’s lead will make and keep us “completely” satisfied. The satisfaction that the world provides is temporal. Nothing lasts forever in this world. Not one thing. God, himself, isforever. His love is forever. His forgiveness is forever. His judgment lasts forever. 
            So when someone says to you “nothing lasts forever” you have a response for him. Even if he blows you off, laughs at you or begins an argument, God’s word doesn’t return void. (Isaiah 55:11 AMP) The seed has been planted. Now you can pray for his salvation and watch the Holy Spirit work. Until next time, walk with the one true king and be a blessing.
Resources: The Life Application Study Bible; Expositor's Bible Commentary (Abridged Edition): New Testament and Theology of Work Bible Commentary.

2 Peter 3:13 Amplified Bible “But in accordance with His promise we expectantly await new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.”

Psalm 42:2 Amplified Bible 
“My soul (my life, my inner self) thirsts for God, for the living God. When will I come and see the face of God?”

Psalm 63:1 Amplified Bible A Psalm of David; when he was in the wilderness of Judah. “O God, You are my God; with deepest longing I will seek You; My soul [my life, my very self] thirsts for You, my flesh longs and sighs for You, In a dry and weary land where there is no water.”

Isaiah 55:11 Amplified Bible “So will My word be which goes out of My mouth; It will not return to Me void (useless, without result), Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.” Expositor's Bible Commentary (Abridged Edition): New Testament.

No comments: