BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Thursday, November 10, 2011

LYING

Proverbs 10:19 (NIV) “When words are many, sin is not absent; but he who holds is tongue is wise.”

I can tend to be a little chatty at times. I like to talk to people, not that I feel what I have to say is so earth shatteringly important all the time, but I find people to be interesting. If I latch onto a topic that I find interest in, then according to my dad, I don’t “shut up”. Okay, that may be a little strong, but I do tend to be on the chatty side. While I agree with the verse above, I don’t believe it is referring to a chatty person.

You have no doubt come across a person or two who is talking quickly. They may be fidgeting. Their eyes may be darting about or looking down or simply looking anywhere but at whom they are speaking to. I worked with an executive of a company once who behaved exactly like that fairly frequently. Turned out he was lying through his teeth about whatever he was talking about at that time. It is easy to spot liars. I regret to say that I have lied a time or two. I am not proud of that admission. In fact, I am ashamed that I even have that admission to give. Forgiveness from God has been sought and given, but I still bear the scars of the lies I have told. None of us are exempt from avoiding the truth. God is not in a lie. Not ever. It is either the truth or it is a lie. There is really not any gray area here, unless you consider some things to simply be no one else’s business. Some might call that a lie of omission, but I digress.

It has been said that “the less you say the better off you are”. That isn’t a verse in the Bible; however, it happens to be true. You can talk too much about something and even begin to give the impression that you are lying even though nothing could be further from the truth. How? By rambling on about something you really no nothing about as a means of impressing someone else. Hold your tongue.

Proverbs 17:28 (NIV) “Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent, and discerning if they hold their tongues.”

A liar is a fool. No question about it. But as Solomon states in the above verse, even a foolish can may appear wise if he keeps his mouth closed. Knowing WHEN to keep it closed is the trick. If you don’t know what you are talking about, keep your mouth closed. It is aptly said that you since you have two ears and only one mouth, you should listen twice as much as you speak. I know quite a few people who would do well to take that advice.

It is also true that it takes a lifetime to build a solid, respectable reputation and one lie to tear it all down. Don’t lie. As I like to say, there is no profit in it. There I do not mean profit as in monetary gain, but that there is nothing good that will come of it; nothing to be gained. The aftermath of a lie can bring heartache and pain. It is unnecessary. It could be avoided if only we would be truthful in all our dealings. In this day and age where people take the easy route and lie continuously as a matter of course, especially if they knew they would never get caught, telling the truth is beginning to become a bit of an oddity. Sad really. We know better as believers, but somehow we find that “the end justifies the means” and we do it anyway. “Lord God in Heaven, save us from ourselves and direct our paths towards righteousness for Your name’s sake. Amen.”

WALK WITH THE KING TODAY AND SPEAK THE TRUTH UNDER ANY AND ALL CIRCUMSTANCES!!

No comments: