BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Friday, November 4, 2011

NO SWERVING ALLOWED

Proverbs 4:25-27 (NIV) “Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.”

I can tend to be easily distracted. My peripheral vision is such that any movement to the left or right catches my eye. It is one of the reasons I struggle with alone time. Even with my eyes closed my mind begins to whirl, thinking about all the things that I need to do and all the troubles that belie me. I allow it. I have not learned in my over 30 yrs of walking with Christ to shut out that which is around me. I have also not asked God for His assistance with this on a regular basis. I am painfully human. How about you?

Solomon gives us good instruction here. The only way to keep from taking a tumble is to keep your eyes on where you are going. He uses very descriptive words here: fix your gaze.

FIX (def):To set or place definitely; establish; to correct or set right; adjust.

God knows we all struggle with what we are gazing upon. In that regard, you might say we ALL have a bit of A.D.D. Our attention is always somewhere else and not where it needs to be. We all need to take a deep breath and refocus ourselves on that which is truly important. God has given us a tool to decipher right from wrong, good from evil. We don’t know His word well enough most of the time to act properly in a given situation (and trust me when I say, I am just as guilty of this as the next person.). God knows us so much better than we know our own selves. He patiently attempts to lead us to the places where He knows the greatest benefit for us lies. But we think we know better. We try to go it alone. God watches … He is always watching. We must make Him dizzy with all our daily comings and goings. Ever moving about, never sitting still to listen.

Why are we like that? I do not know. I think in part, no matter who we are and no matter how faithful we think we have become, there is always an occasion when we feel we can handle something on our own. We forget the simple word that Christ is the vine and we are only the branches … without Him we are capable of no good thing. We can do nothing significant or worthy of God Himself without His assistance. We are constantly trying to rewire ourselves to bypass our conscience. If we suffered no guilt or shame then we could do as we pleased without consequences. Wrongo! God’s Word and His laws are immutable, they never change. Whether we feel guilt or shame doesn’t ever mean that something that was wrong is suddenly alright now. It means you are ignoring the warnings of the Holy Spirit. Brother, have I ever done that a time or two (or three).

In the end, once again, we find that seeking the face of God and His wisdom and guidance always keep us safe and at peace. If we ever DO swerve to the right or left, we most assuredly find evil waiting by the side of the road ready to pounce. Take heed of Solomon’s cautionary proverb. Look where you are going; seek God re: all your doings and remember, no swerving allowed.

WALK WITH THE KING TODAY AND BE A BLESSING!!

No comments: