BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

GIVE THANKS

1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NIV) “… give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. “

This is a wonderful time of the year. I love the holiday season. Since I didn’t become a believer until I was just out of college, I have different memories of Thanksgiving than a Christian would, but as I reflect back on my upbringing, there was nothing paganistic or unholy about my family or our celebration of Thanksgiving.

My mom may have been more responsible for that then my dad. My mom and I went to 1st Presbyterian Church “Atop the hill” in Red Bank, NJ. I sang in the children’s choir for 10 years until I graduated high school. We had what America would consider a normal Thanksgiving celebration. It was the one time all year that we prayed as a family. It was short and sweet and to the point, I mean, stomachs were growling and folks were beginning to salivate quite heavily around the table, so it had better be quick. We had a big ol’ turkey sitting in the center of our extended dining room table. The menu consisted of creamed onions, buttered corn, mashed potatoes (REAL potatoes; my mom would rather die than put out instant), handmade stuffing (my mom took a loaf of white bread and diced it herself, added celery, onions and seasoning and actually stuffed it in the bird), REAL turkey gravy from the drippings, sweet potatoes and whatever we were drinking. My mom was an excellent cook. She could also bake mean pumpkin and apple pies … topped off with the obligatory scoop of vanilla ice cream. After the meal the men all went to sit in front of the TV to watch football for the rest of the day.

In looking back, it makes me smile at those good times; however, I had come to realize some time ago that Thanksgiving or the act of giving thanks to our Heavenly Father should not be relegated to one day a year. We should give thanks to our God each and every day that we awaken. Why? Because we are alive! We are still above ground and breathing. We still have the opportunity to bless someone. We still have the opportunity to make a difference in this world we live in.

What a blessing and a thrill it is to see the face of someone you have encouraged or edified in some small way. Do you understand how vital you are to those around you? You have the ability to touch lives that NO ONE ELSE IN THIS ENTIRE WORLD can touch. Don’t squander the days, because no matter what your situation, YOU ARE BLESSEDbecause of your relationship with the Most High God. And be eternally thankful and grateful for the gift God has given you. He has given you, if you are born again, a second chance. He has wiped your slate clean. He has given you a full pardon. Now go live like it. When we wake up the sun should be a little brighter and the bird’s song sound a little lovelier. God loves us and will never fail us. THAT is something to be thankful for every day. The fact that our sins have been forgiven is something we need to be grateful as well. Without God there is NO HOPE; but WITH GOD, there is immeasurable hope and abundant blessings.

So THANK HIM. Thank Him freely and thank Him often. For He is more than worthy of our praise and worship and thanks.

To all my faithful readers, I humbly thank you and wish you and yours the Happiest of Happy Thanksgivings! May the love of God be evident in all you do.

WALK WITH THE KING TODAY AND BE A BLESSING!

No comments: