BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Saturday, January 17, 2015

BECOMING PURE & BLAMELESS

Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, ‘children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.’”1 Philippians 2:14-15a
         Although Paul’s letter to the members of the Philippian church covers theological topics, it doesn’t appear to have any major doctrinal issues. It is insinuated that the church members may have been grumbling and complaining to the church leaders the same way the Israelites did to Moses; therefore, one area of focus is living as Christ did. 
         How many times do you go through your day without grumbling, complaining or arguing about something?  I must confess I have a tendency to grumble and complain more so then argue.  I typically complain to myself about situations or circumstances I have to deal with.  They are normally out of my control, so grumbling about them is fruitless.  I am painfully human. I know it and the Lord knows it.  I’m working at being more like Christ, but it can be a slow, arduous process at times.  The comical part of this whole internal process for me is that I go on and on about apparent injustices or blatantly inconsiderate words or actions silently, then normally circle around to the point where I ask the Lord for forgiveness for my insolence.  It is then that I let it go and move on.
          The main point here is that we are to do all they we are called to do as if the Lord Jesus Christ has asked us to do it.  This is how we become blameless and pure children of God.  The phrase “warped & crooked generation” is taken from Deuteronomy 32:5 shown in a footnote below.  It refers quite directly to the Israelites under Moses leadership.  They complained and as a result disobeyed God so much so that they were kept from entering into the Promised Land of Canaan.  Their grumbling and arguing caused the Israelites to wander the desert for 40 years until all the grumblers and complainers had passed away.  Don’t be like the Israelites of the Old Testament.  Emulate Christ and in so doing avoid grumbling and arguing entirely.  Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing!
1Deuteronomy 32:5  “They are corrupt and not his children; to their shame they are a warped and crooked generation.”