BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Monday, January 19, 2015

THE GOLDEN RULE

“So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.”  Matthew 7:12
         This is the verse of scripture that is readily referred to as The Golden Rule.  Treat others the way you want to be treated. It’s a maxim*, a code of ethics to be followed.  Christians and non-Christians alike know it and try to follow it, although non-Christians rarely realize it is from the Bible.  Think about what it is suggesting.  In all things, no matter what the situation, no matter who it involves, treat that person exactly the way you would want them to treat you.  The catch in all this is that they may not reciprocate.  They may even take advantage of your good nature. That’s all right. We cannot control the words and actions of another, only our own. We will stand before Christ one day to give an account of our own words and deeds, not the words and deeds of others.
         Now chances are great that you will not be doing good for your enemies as a normal course of your day.  In fact you probably don’t have any actual enemies; however, you do encounter strangers every day.  By doing good to total strangers each day you bring about a kingdom effect on the lives of others.  What I mean by that is that you are in effect bringing a piece of the kingdom to those who do not know Christ in a personal way.  You are in some small measure being Christ to the unsaved.
          Being kind or encouraging to another person should become a natural part of your new nature as a believer in Christ.  Allow yourself to be so infused with the nature of Christ that people actually see something about you that draws them to you.  I’ve had many people tell me that there was just something about me that drew them to me or made them feel at ease or made them feel they could trust me.  Through the years people have told me some pretty personal things without my asking simply because they felt I was trustworthy … and they didn’t even know me.  That’s a God thing.  It’s a gift that I humbly carry with me.  I don’t abuse it but rather do my best to allow the Holy Spirit to use me.  That is being salt and light to the world around you.  Being in tune with the heart of God.  Treating others the way God would treat them.  You will find that you will be blessed even as you are a blessing.  Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing!

* A succinct formulation of a fundamental principle, general truth, or rule of conduct.