BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Thursday, December 4, 2014

SEEING AS GOD SEES

The Pharisees challenged him, “Here you are, appearing as your own witness; your testimony is not valid.” Jesus answered, “Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going. You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. But if I do judge, my decisions are true, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me. In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two witnesses is true. I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me.”
John 8:13-18
         I wanted to focus on the statement in the middle of this text about judging.  There is no question that the Pharisees made themselves judge and jury regarding Jesus.  They knew Him because He grew up among them.  He was the carpenter’s son, in that Joseph worked with wood.  For Jesus to say and do the things He did was offensive to the powers that be.  The Pharisees knew Jesus for who He appeared to be, but their arrogance begat spiritual blindness that made it impossible to see His true nature.  We judge people today with the same blindness.  We must see others as God sees them.
         The standards by which mortal man judges is based on their limited ability to discern the true nature of a thing or person.  Our limited mental capabilities are laced with predetermined notions and acquired prejudices that taint our view of things.  Judging by human standards is nothing like Christ.  As He states, He judges no one.  There will be a time for that at the end of the age, but until that time Christ liberally administers grace and mercy to those who seek it.
        In John 10:30 Jesus clearly proclaims, “I and the Father are one.”  What a glorious truth.  Add the Holy Spirit and you have the Blessed Trinity of God.  It’s interesting to me that it’s so easy for those who have opened their spiritual eyes to see that we serve One God who is in reality 3 in 1.  The Holy Spirit, which comes into us when we receive Christ and the gift of forgiveness He graciously provides through His blood, enables us to see that which was hidden from us prior to salvation.  God the Father sent God the Son to come pay the sin debt of man with His very blood and then when accepted, placed God the Holy Spirit within the soul of a man, making him more alive than he has ever been.  New life comes through Jesus, and Him alone.  Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing!