BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Friday, July 18, 2014

FOLLOWING GOD’S STANDARD

“Blessed are those whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the Lord.  Blessed are those who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart - they do no wrong but follow his ways.  You have laid down precepts1 that are to be fully obeyed.”  Psalm 119:1-4
         While Christians are certainly not blameless in real life, they are seen as so by the God who saves us.  The instructions He gives us in His word for right and just living have stood the test of time and are sound.  It is far better to live by a moral standard than to live by your own.  It is why I like Albert Camus’ quote so much.  Albert Camus was a French philosopher and Nobel Prize winner who died in 1962.  He is quoted as saying, “I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” He wasn’t a Christian that I am aware of, but the point I take from his quote is that living by the standard set forth by God is far better than living without one at all.  And frankly, that is what I tell people when they say to me “What if there is no God?”  That I have lived a life following a good, righteous, moral standard from a God I have chosen to believe exists.  There’s nothing wrong with that.
          If we as believers seek God with our whole heart and follow His ways, we will be successful in all that we do.  Not successful as the world sees it, but successful in the eyes of God.  If my writing touches one soul and lifts it up to God, then I am a success in God’s eyes. If we believe in God, then what is the point of our belief if we don’t follow His standard for living?  We are blessed by God is we do.  Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing!

1 A rule, guide or instruction for moral conduct.
* Moral - Conforming to standards of what is right or just in behavior.