BREAD OF LIFE MINISTRIES

TEACHINGS DESIGNED TO EDUCATE, EDIFY & MAKE YOU THINK!!
____________________
Website: www.rlkeller4291.wixsite.com/mysite
Ministry Blog Link: www.pandevidamin.blogspot.com
Author Blog Link: www.rlkeller-christianauthor.blogspot.com
Stop by and check them out from time to time to see what has changed. May God's blessings to you be abundant. rlkeller

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

LOVE IS A VERB

“For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.” - John 3:16
            Here’s a verse that most everyone is familiar with.  Our familiarity with the verse should not dampen its impact in any way. This verse gives us an example of what we should do with love. Millions of people tell one another that they love them, but the real question is do they SHOW it? Love should be an action word because there’s nothing passive about it.
            Elizabeth Barrett Browning’s 43rd Sonnet starts out by asking the question, “How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.” (It’s a lovely sonnet whose entire text is underneath this devotional.) For all the romantic verbiage used we never know whether the words were followed by action. God leaves no room for doubt; the death of his own Son was enough to show us that his love is deep, abiding and never-ending. Human love is subject to emotions and feelings, which tend to change, based on circumstances. God’s love is rock solid because he is perfect in every way. He has no hesitation, nor does he have regrets. He doesn’t harbor resentment, nor does he forget. His love is the example we are to strive to emulate during the course of our life. We can only accomplish with thru Christ, with the help of the Holy Spirit. Leave no room for doubt; let your legacy be one of godly love. Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing!
Resource: www.biblegate.com.

Sonnet 43

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday’s
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood’s faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints—I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life!—and, if God choose,

I shall but love thee better after death.

No comments: